Vitamin C is one of the most essential nutrients required by our body. This water-soluble vitamin acts as an antioxidant and helps in regenerating other antioxidants in the body. Thus it plays a vital role in protecting the body from the damage caused by free radicals. In addition, there are various other Vitamin C health benefits, which can help individuals to lead a more fulfilling life. Sadly, Vitamin C is not produced by our body naturally and we need to eat the right foods to prevent its deficiency.
Vitamin C Deficiency And Its Symptoms – An Overview
Most people are aware of the importance of including enough vitamin C in their everyday diet. However, they are generally ignorant of the true meaning of vitamin C deficiency and what are its signs. The answer to the first query is quite obvious and refers to the lack of enough vitamin C in the body. The amount of vitamin C required by each individual varies according to their age and other health factors. However, when it comes to identifying the symptoms of vitamin C deficiency, most people lack proper knowledge. The most common symptoms of vitamin C deficiency include the following.
- Rough and bumpy skin that may also be dry and damaged
- Slow healing of wounds
- Pain and swelling in the joints
- Bleeding gums and tooth loss
- Persistent iron deficiency combined with anemia
- Undue weight gain
Health Benefits Of Vitamin C
In order to understand the significance of maintaining appropriate Vitamin C level in the body, it is important to first learn about its benefits. Discussed below are some of the most common health benefits of Vitamin C which make it so critical.
Can Improve Heart Health:
Vitamin C is known to reduce the risk of heart diseases due to its higher plasma levels. In fact, some studies have even suggested that the benefits of vitamin C with respect to heart health are the same as those offered by regular exercise.
Is Beneficial For Skin:
The benefits of vitamin C for skin are numerous as it not only helps in improving collagen simulation but also enhances the texture of the skin. It is also highly effective in reducing age lines and wrinkles besides providing relief from sun damage.
Aid Weight Loss:
Not many people are aware of the fact that consuming foods rich in vitamin C before a workout can enhance their weight loss. This is because the nutrient proves effective in enhancing body fat oxidation while exercising besides improving the overall metabolism.
Improve Bone Health:
For people suffering from bone and joint issues, vitamin C can act as an elixir and improve their bone health. Research has proved that vitamin C improves bone density and also helps in reducing the pain in bones and joints.
Prevent Soreness And Damage To Muscle Tissue:
Consuming vitamin C enriched food helps in reducing the soreness and damage to muscle tissue caused by heavy physical work. Thus it should form an essential dietary element of people involved in great physical labour or exercise.
Treat Viral Infections:
From the common cold to flu, the effectiveness of vitamin C for treating viral infections is well known. The antibiotic properties of vitamin C make it effective in eliminating free radicals, which helps treat a wide range of viral infections and allergies.
Improve Hair Health:
The use of vitamin C for hair growth is not new as the deficiency of this nutrient is the root cause of various hair problems. Vitamin C also helps to effectively overcome the problem of split ends, dry brittle hair and volume loss.
Best Ways To Get Vitamin C
There are countless fruits and vegetables that are a rich natural source of this essential vitamin. Consuming a portion of these fruits and vegetables as a part of each meal is the best way to maintain a sufficient quantity of vitamin C in the body. However, apart from these natural sources, people can also opt to take vitamin C supplements available in the market. These supplements are available in the following main forms.
In Tablet From:
The use of vitamin C tablets has been on the rise mainly due to the convenience they offer for getting the requisite supply of the nutrient. Rather than seeking out foods that are rich in vitamin C, the consumers just need to pop a tablet of the appropriate dosage. However, it is advisable for the users to seek the advice of qualified medical professionals before they start consuming these tablets.
In Powder Form:
In the past couple of years, the trend of using vitamin C powder for boosting energy has gained much popularity. In fact, it is also considered to be one of the most effective ways of gaining the various health benefits of this essential nutrient.
In Cream Form:
Vitamin C cream is generally made available for topical application to help the users gain benefits for their skin. However, unlike the tablets and powder, the popularity and usage of cream are still restricted only to professional beauty care centers.
StBotanica Vitamin C 20% Vitamin E and Hyaluronic Acid Fairness Brightening Facial Serum - 20 ml
Rs. 1,499 in stock
- Helps reduce appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Vitamin C face serum also helps shrink pores, clear up acne, prevent breakouts and minimize the appearance of acne scars
- Hydrates, brightens and soothes skin with its unique combination of vitamins and plant extracts
- Vitamin C face serum stimulates - skin's own collagen production skin plumps and glows, both during the day and overnight
- Fairness brightening serum for all skin types including, those with sensitive skin
Amway Nutrilite Natural C-120N Tablets
Rs. 799 in stock
- Amway Tablets
- Nutrilite Natural
- Its C-120N Tablets
The EnQ Papaya Tan Removal Scrub 50gm + The EnQ Vitamin C Lightening Serum Gel 50 GM
Rs. 590 in stock
- THE ENQ PAPAYA TAN REMOVAL SCRUB infused with pure papaya extract . Papaya is rich in vitamin C & antioxidants.
- The EnQ Vitamin C lightening serum gel infused with Vitamin C Extract & Aloe Vera Extract. Vitamin C boosts your skin's collagen production to give you firmer , more pulp skin & smooth out fine lines & wrinkles
Irem Vitamin C Serum for face with Hyaluronic acid, Ferulic acid, Aloe vera and Grape seed extract, 30ml
Rs. 399 in stock
- Antioxidant serum a perfect and must have product in every skin care regime, vitamin c in conjunction with ferulic, hyaluronic acids and vitamin e in this advanced formula is made to target the most common signs of aging including brightness, firmness, fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots and sun spots
- Evidence based products hyaluronic acid is one of the finest ingredients in facial products for a deeply hydrating moisturizer along with aloe and grape seed extract
- Acne control: the light and non tacky refreshing face serum can be used with other products for a full facial overhaul, and helps work to prevent breakouts, oiliness, and blackheads for all skin types
UrbanGabru Vitamin C Serum For Face With Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe Vera Extract and Grape Seed Extract 30 Ml, 30 ml
Rs. 374 in stock
- Soft, luxurious, and helping protect from free radicals our vitamin c serum helps diminish age spots and fine lines while offering true antioxidant support to your skin as you age
- With additional benefits of aloe vera and grape seeds extract: very beneficial for anti aging, acne control, sun burn and also act as moisturizer
- No oily residue left behind. Absorbs quickly without a heavy, greasy or sticky feel
- Great for all skin types - This potent and richly concentrated age-defying serum is surprisingly gentle and incorporates easily into your skin care routine
- Apply a few drops just 2-3 times a week under moisturizer or add it into your daily routine
EON Vitamin C serum with Hyaluronic acid, Ferulic acid & Mixed tocopherols - Anti wrinkle, Anti aging, Dark circles, Age spots, Pigmentation 15ml
Rs. 299 in stock
- ► VITAMIN C (20%) ► Anti-Aging & Brighter Skin ►Minimize Fine Lines & Wrinkles By Increasing Collagen Synthesis ► Eliminate Sunspots ► Reduce Signs Of Aging ► Skin Will Look Plump & Hydrated ► Youthful Glow ► Remove Dark Spots From Acne ► Hyperpigmentation ► Age Spots ► Absorbs Instantly & doesn't leave skin greasy allowing you to apply makeup, moisturizer or sunscreen only after a few seconds.
- ► HIGH PERCENTAGE OF HYALURONIC ACID ► Hydrates skin and makes it feel silky soft and smooth. Hyaluronic Acid holds up to 1,000 times its weight in water. It draws moisture out of the environment and forms a protective, hydrating barrier on the skin.
- ► CONTAINS VITAMIN E ► To block free radicals from the body, which play a large part in the aging process. If we can fight off free radicals, then we can reduce wrinkles and keep the skin youthful-looking.
- ► OTHER POWERFUL INGREDIENTS ► Ferulic acid, Bells perennis flower, Aloe Vera extracts complement the benefit..
Fast&Up Charge Effervescent Vitamin C and Zinc Supplements - 20 Tablets (Orange)
Rs. 299 in stock
- Natural vitamin C from amla extract
- No ascorbic acid added
- Provides antioxidant support
- Strengthens and maintains daily immunity with daily recommended amounts of vitamin C
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
Cenizas 20% Vitamin C Serum for Face with Hyaluronic Acid, 15 ml
Rs. 229 in stock
- Vitamin c serum for face helps diminish age spots and fine lines, offering true antioxidant support to your skin known to help skin feel softer, fresher and help with the sun damaged skin over time
- If you are worried about the signs of aging or if you have already begun to see the effects of age on your face, vitamin c serum helps fight the signs of aging before and after they begin through
- Our ingredients help your skin fight fine lines, dark spots and wrinkles no matte your age and whether your face is already showing signs of aging or whether you are worried you might soon
- Up to 8 - fold antioxidant, 96 percent sunburn cell reduction and formulated specifically to help fight the formation of free radicals, vitamin c serum fight the effects of aging before they begin
- Major ingredients: vitamin c 20 percent, grape seed extract, hyaluronic acid, aloe vera extract and l - glutathione
Recast Recast Vitamin C Facial Serum, 30ml
Rs. 450 in stock
- Quantity: 30ml; Item Form: Foam
- One can feel the difference right from its first application and give it little time to see visible results
- Your product is free from parabens and is perfectly non comedogenic good thing is that it also helps in addressing acne
- Ideal Usage: All Day
- Suitable For: All Skin Types
Optimum Organics Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 30% for Face, Body, Skin Whitening and Acne Prone Skin
Rs. 549 in stock
- PURE, NON TACKY AND LUXURIOUS, our Vitamin C Serum is an excellent addition to your daily skincare routine, this helps in fading dark spots, acne scars, rejuvenating skin, protecting skin from environmental damages. This is perfectly non tacky yet very concentrated and recommended twice daily application for maximum benefits.
- ULTIMATE SOLUTION FOR A HEALTHY LOOKING SKIN, this product is filled with premium actives that works towards lightening of the skin, maitnaining skin collagen at optimal levels and also help in treating dry skin conditions.
- PROVEN ASCORBIC DERIVATIVE, HYALURONIC AND BELLIS PERENNIS FLOWER EXTRACT, complementing the effect of the ascorbic and hyaluronic, this sweet smelling premium bellis perennis flower extract helps in clearing skin and evening out skintone in perfectly natural way.
- SUPERIOR ANTI OXIDANT PROTECTIO, this product offers superior anti oxidnat function which helps in maintaining a younger looking skin at all times.
- PARABEN AND HARMFUL CHEMICALS FREE PRODUCT, whats more is that this product does not contain harmful chemicals, parabens, synthetic colors. This can be used as a first line treatment or maintenance treatment depending on your skin concern.