As you know I love to eat oatmeal. It is from my favourite breakfasts because it leaves me very satisfied and especially in the cold months for me is the most comforting breakfasts there are. It is one of the ingredients that I use a lot in my kitchen. Besides that, the oats give me a feeling of comfort and I start the day very well, it has many Oats benefits for health. Some of them are:
Oats benefits for health
- It gives us energy
- It is slowly absorbed so it keeps glucose levels stable
- It has many vitamins and minerals
- It is rich in fibre
- Prevents constipation and better digestion
- Can reduce stress
- Good source of unsaturated fats (good fats
- Oatmeal really is a wealthy method to obtain dietary fibre, equally disolveable as well as insoluble, which will help inside managing bowel motions and therefore helps prevent irregularity.
- Because of oatmeal guide secure blood glucose reducing likelihood of type-2 diabetic issues, diabetes patients need to eat oatmeal on a regular basis. The best fibres and complicated carbohydrate food reduce the conversion process with this entire meals to be able to ease all kinds of sugar, as well as beta-glucan flight delays the autumn inside blood sugar before you eat as well as slows down the increase following a mealtime.
- If you suffer blood pressure, an everyday serving associated with oatmeal can help fight this challenge and as a result, reduce a probability of high blood pressure
Almond Oats Recipe for breakfast
To prepare a delicious and different dish of oats to start the day you need:
- 1/2 cup oats
- 6 almonds
- 2 nuts
- 1 teaspoon raisins
- Cinnamon, cardamom, ginger powder (optional, but highly recommended)
How to prepare …
- The oats are soaked overnight. Then, remove the water and put it in a pot with half a cup of water.
- Cook and add the cinnamon, cardamom and a pinch of ginger powder.
- When it starts to thicken, add a little more water to prevent the oats from sticking together.
- It is sweetened with honey to taste, served and added raisins and almonds and chopped nuts.
- You can add cocoa powder, dried or fresh blueberries, banana pieces, fruit jam, and so on.
Carrot Oats Dosa:
There are several ways to prepare this. What I have mentioned here is a balanced meal that contains carbohydrates, protein and vegetables, all in one place. The protein comes from moong while oats were providing fibre and carbohydrates.
- Moong dal – ½ cup
- Oats – ½ cup
- Carrots – 2, peeled, finely grated
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder – a pinch
- Ground cumin seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- Chaat Masala – ¼ teaspoon
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Coriander leaves – 1 teaspoon finely chopped
- Sesame oil – for cooking
- Wash the dal moong until the water used for cleaning is evident.
- Oatmeal roasted over medium heat until it becomes a little ‘golden.
- Soak Moong washed with toasted oats in fresh water for 30 minutes.
- Using a blender. Grind the lentils and mix oats until a fine paste is obtained.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, cumin seeds on the ground, masala chat and asafétida and mix.
- Stir in the grated carrots and coriander leaves. Adjust the consistency, so that the mixture becomes a mass of the pancakes.
- Heat a dish, after brushing lightly with oil, over medium heat.
- Pour a large ladle of dough into the centre of the plate and spread it in concentric circles.
- Sprinkle a little oil, cover and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the bottom is browned.
- Uncover, flip over and cook for another 2 minutes.
Serve hot with fresh curds with a touch of masala chat or next to onion tomato chutney