Come to the summer months and melons and melon seeds become a favourite choice for people seeking refreshing respite from the scorching heat. With quite a few varieties to choose from, this juicy and pulpy fruit proves to be a source of great taste and health. The fruit not only helps to keep the body hydrated but is also packed with fiber and numerous vitamins. However, most people tend to be unaware of the fact that apart from the benefits offered by the, generally discarded seeds of the fruit also provide various health advantages.
All types of melons have seeds loaded with great nutrition and prove to be extremely effective in enhancing the overall well-being of the consumers. After being separated from the pulp and then washed and dried, can be consumed as such or added as a nutritious seasoning to various savoury dishes. Discussed below are the various ways in which consuming the melon seeds can help enhance the health and fitness of an individual.
Great Source Of Protein:
The high protein content melon seeds are a rich source of this basic body-building component. In fact, the amount of protein found in the seeds is comparable with the amounts present in soy milk. Thus, having even a handful of melon seeds every day can fulfil a major percentage of the daily protein needs of the body.
Rich Source Of Vitamins And Minerals:
Melon seeds contain high amounts of Vitamins A, C & E, which are not only great for the eyesight but also prevent macular degeneration. The anti-oxidants in the seeds help in regulating blood cholesterol levels besides minimizing the risk of cancer. The seeds are also packed with minerals such as potassium, magnesium and phosphorous, which help in controlling blood pressure and enhancing bone strength and density. The mineral-rich seeds also prove effective in reducing the risk of type II diabetes besides providing relief from migraines, insomnia, and depression.
Enhance Cardiovascular Health:
Being a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, make melon seeds great food for heart health. Consuming the seeds not only helps in eliminating cardiovascular diseases but also improves the functioning of the heart. The seeds are also a rich source of unsaturated fats which further help in enhancing the overall health of the individuals.
Improve Hair And Nail Growth:
People who suffer from poor hair and nail health issues can benefit immensely from the protein-rich melon seeds. They help in enhancing the growth of the hair and the nails besides reducing their damage and breakage. The seeds also help in maintaining the tissues responsible for better hair and nail health.
Improve Intestinal Health:
Studies have proved that eating crushed melon seeds proves beneficial for eliminating intestinal worms. The seeds also prove effective in providing relief from stomach aches besides creating a feeling of being full leading to curbing the need for excessive or frequent eating.
Fight Cold And Flu:
The virus and bacteria fighting capability of the seeds make them effective in providing relief from cold and flu. Consuming the seeds helps in flushing out extra phlegm from the body and also provides relief from congestion, which can prove extremely discomforting during a bout of cold and flu.
Ways Of Consuming Melon Seeds
The growing awareness about the health benefits of melon seeds has made them a preferred choice for health food. Listed below are some common ways in which these seeds can be integrated into the everyday diet of an individual.
• The seeds can be consumed raw or by adding them to salads and fruit servings to enhance the health value and add a bit of crunchiness to their taste.
• The seeds can be roasted in the oven or over the stove to turn them into a healthy and crispy snack that can be munched on at any time to satisfy a snack craving.
• The seeds can be added to smoothies and shake to make them thicker and tastier.
• They can be mixed with bread spreads or sprinkled as the topping of ingredients to make crunchy, yummy sandwiches.
• Adding the seeds to soups, stews, and gravies can help in making them thicker and tastier.
Musk melon F1 Hybrid (50 seeds) By Kraft Seeds
Rs. 135 in stock
- Sowing Time : Jun To Nov
- 50 Each Packet
- 70-80% Germination
- Tested and superb quality by Kraft Seeds
- All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only actual product may vary due to product enhancement.
Organic Needs Natural Kharbuja and Muskmelon/Yellow Melon Seeds -100 g
Rs. 180 in stock
- Sortex cleaned
- Consistency in taste, aroma
- Hygienic packing and control processes
- Packed in transparent container
NURTURE TREE Raw Musk Melon Seeds Kharbooz Magaz 250 g
Rs. 299 in stock
- Net weight : 250 g
- Prepare scrumptious salads, sandwiches, pasta, or use as a topping in yoghurt, milkshakes or smoothies
- Vacuum packed to retain freshness
- Comes in a reusable stand-up zip Lock pouch
- Nurture Tree- Nurturing Health, Nurturing Life
Sainik's Dry Fruit Mall Musk Melon Seebs/Kharbooj Beej 250 gr
Rs. 340 in stock
- It is naturally loaded with the high level of phytonutrients (alpha and beta-carotene), folates, folic acid, potassium, vitamins like C, E, K and A which are highly required nutrients to keep skin natural, soft, glowing, healthy and younger looking.
- Its high potassium level helps in excreting extra sodium in the body and maintains blood pressure to the normal level thus helps women during menstruation by reducing the heavy blood flow and clots formation.
- Muskmelon seeds and the 'netting' around them are a great source of fiber and thus, they help you in losing weight.
- Muskmelon is enriched with vitamins such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin E. The muskmelon seeds benefits also include improving your vision. These vitamins are imperative for a good eye sight. Consume muskmelon seeds for a better health and vision.
- The muskmelon seeds are protein rich. It contains about 3.6% protein which is equivalent to the protein that you get from soy. Consuming these seeds is really beneficial for your health.
SFT Muskmelon (Kharbooza Magaz) Seeds, 250 Gm
Rs. 268 in stock
- Directly from growers and are processed and packed in our hygienic processing plant to retain their natural freshness, aroma and the nutrients
- Natural product
- Muskmelon Seeds
TrustBasket Open Pollinated Musk melon seeds
Rs. 146 in stock
- BUY GENUINE TRUSTBASKET PRODUCT ONLY
- Buy only Trust Seed printed packed products beware of local products
- Organic Vegetables seeds, Best for planting throughout the year
- Best for garden or terrace gardening
Dry Fruit Hub Muskmelon Seeds 250gms (Kharbooz Magaz)
Rs. 285 in stock
- 100% Pure and Natural . This is a vegetarian product.
- Premium Hand Selected Quality.
- Hygienically packed in facility meeting food safety standards.
- Store in a cool, Dry Place in an airtight container and preferably refrigerate after opening.
- Dry Fruit Hub have most of the Products are Agricultural that we tend to procure direct from farms. Then we select the Best Ones. therefore Actual Product might slightly vary from Image and These products are packed in an integrated nuts & dried fruits processing unit and may contain occasional traces of other nuts & dried fruits.
Berries And Nuts Muskmelon Seeds (Kharbhuj Magaz), 500 Grams
Rs. 360 in stock
- Ingredient Feature: Vegetarian
- Weight: 500 Grams
- Special Features: Muskmelon seeds are veggie dose of protein for vengeterians;Great source of Vitamins and Minerals;Fights cardiovascular diseases and also takes care of your teeth;Muskmelon Seeds are good for Heart and Help to loose weight
- Package Content: Pack of 1 Muskmelon Seeds (Kharbhuj Magaz)
- Storage Instruction: Store in cool dry place
AllThatGrows Musk Melon Golden Orange Flesh, Muskmelon Seeds, 50 Kharbuja Seeds
- SOWING TIME: Sow Muskmelon Seeds in February - March. FRUIT PICKING: After 90-95 days from sowing. FRUIT SHAPE: Round. FRUIT COLOR: Light brown with intense netting. AVERAGE WEIGHT : 700 to 800 gms.
- FLESH COLOR: Orange. SWEETNESS: Very sweet and juicy. SPECIFICATION: Good keeping quality, suitable for distant market. SOWING DISTANCE: Plant To Plant 5 Ft Line To Line 2 Ft.
- HOW TO SOW: The soil for gardening muskmelon seeds should be mixed with well rotten cow dung. Make planting beds around 5 - 7 feet wide and sow seeds on both sides of bed at 1.5 feet distance between two lines. Water it immediately and then water as per requirement. Harvest after 90 to 95 days.
- SEEDS QUALITY: Superior Quality, Non-Hybrid, Pure, Open Pollinated, GMO-Free, And Heirloom (with An Unadulterated Genetic Heritage) Seeds.
- Tested For Germination.
Pyramid Muskmelon or Cantaloupe Seeds (4g, Green)
- Material:Other, Color:Green
- Item Dimension: 18 cm x 10 cm x 1 cm
- Package Contents:1-Pack Seeds (4g)
- Number of seeds: Approximately 111 to 124 seeds
- Mode of sowing: Direct sowing
National Gardens Muskmelon Seeds (Pack of 20)
Rs. 144 in stock
- Material:Other, Color:Multicolour
- Item Dimension: 10 cm x 8 cm x 1 cm
- Package Contents:20-Piece Seeds + Free Gift
- Free shipping to anywhere in india (no minimum purchase)
- Easy to grow - can be grown in any season and weather conditions
Bombay Seeds Musk Melon KGP [Seeds]
- Color: Black
- Material: Earthenware
Seedscare Muskmelon Quality Seeds Imported- (Pack Of 20 Seeds) Nirupama
- Quality Seeds
- Kitchen Garden Pack
- Organic Quality,Imported Or Hybrid Quality (Seeds May Treated With Thiram To Maintain Good Germiantion But Seeds Are Not Harmful You Can Use This Seeds For Sowing Purpose)
- Picture Is An Indication Of Kind Only