Losing weight and maintaining a healthy and fit body is all about burning calories. However, given the excessively busy lifestyle of the modern times, most people find it extremely difficult to take out time for an extensive workout routine. Thankfully, there are several easy exercises that can be performed at home within a matter of minutes to burn calories. Most of these exercises can be completed in less than three minutes. The best thing is that despite their short duration, these exercises prove almost as effective as a regular workout in the gym. This is because these are maximum intensity exercises that help to simulate calorie burn throughout the day by increasing the body’s metabolism rate. Discussed below are 10 such exercises which do not require you move out of your home for getting a leaner and fitter body.
Jumping Jacks for burn calories:
This basic exercise can be performed anywhere and proves extremely beneficial for boosting metabolism and promoting cardiovascular health. Despite being extremely simple, it engages every large muscle group in the body and increases the calorie burning rate. The following steps need to be followed for performing the exercise.
- Start in a standing position, with the knees slightly bent and the hands resting on thighs.
- Without straightening the knees, open the legs and arms out to the sides.
- Now take a slight jump with the arms coming above the head and the legs spreading more than shoulder width.
- Return back to the original position and repeat the process without break at least 10-15 times.
Even though this plank to squat moves looks quite easy, you can feel its effect only after doing one 30 second burst. The exercise helps to strengthen your core and tone your butt besides helping you sweat out the extra calories for a fit body. Follow the below-listed steps to perform this exercise.
- Start in a plank position, with your hands placed underneath your shoulders and your body in one straight line.
- While keeping your hands on the floor, jump your feet inwards towards the outside of your hands, forming a deep squat position.
- Now return back to the original plank position and repeat the process 8-10 times.
This exercise is extremely effective for strengthening your core and lower body besides helping you to develop body balance. To get the best benefits and burn calories effectively, it is advisable to perform this exercise in a brisk and proper manner. The steps to perform the exercise are listed as follows.
- Start by standing upright with your feet placed together.
- Now take a controlled step forward with your right leg while lowering your hips towards the floor and bending both knees at 90 degrees.
- Make sure that the left knee point towards the ground but does not touch it, while the right knee is placed directly above the ankle.
- Press your right foot onto the floor and push off with your left foot to bring the left leg forward to step into a controlled lunge on the other side.
- Repeat the process 20 times with both legs and complete three sets of the exercise.
This endurance training exercise proves beneficial for building the muscular strength of the entire body. The exercise is especially beneficial for improving the strength of quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes besides proving effective to burn calories. The exercise can be performed by following the below given steps.
- Start in a lunge position with your right leg forward and your left leg extended behind you and the toes on the floor.
- Bend your right knee at 90 degrees and dip your left knee towards the floor without making it touch the floor.
- Keep the arms straight out and in front or out at the sides.
- Now jump gently and switch the legs in midair to copy the motion of the scissors.
- Use your back left to get a lift off the ground and then jump again while trying to land softly.
- Repeat the steps continuously 10-20 times to complete one set.
This exercise is known to offer proven benefits in terms of increase in calories burnt. It also helps in adding shape to the legs and strengthening the midsection to give you a more flattering shape. The steps to perform this exercise are listed as follows.
- Start by standing up straight and placing your feet at the distance of hip-width.
- Place your hand’s palms down the ad in front making them hover just above your belly button.
- Drive your right knee rapidly upwards to meet your right hand and then bring it back down immediately.
- Repeat the process with your left knee in quick succession to create a fast hopping movement while remaining on the balls of your feet.
- Be sure to engage your abdominal muscles as each knee comes up to meet the hands.
- Repeat the steps 10-20 times to complete one set of the high knee.